RSC Mobile provides readers with access to search more than 30 RSC journals; if you’re on the campus wireless network or connecting via VPN, you can access exactly the same content on this app as you can on a web browser. The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) publishes Chemical Society Reviews, ChemComm, Energy & Environmental Science, Faraday Discussions, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics (PCCP) and many other high-impact journals — in fact here’s a recent news release I found about RSC journals’ rankings and 2010 impact factors.)
RSC Mobile includes:
- Up-to-the-minute access to RSC journals
- Full text HTML and PDF access via wireless networks for subscribing institutions/organisations
- The latest news from the RSC Publishing Platform
- Save articles for offline reading
- Share your favourite content via email, Twitter or Facebook
The RSC Mobile app is available for iPad, iPhone and iPod and they are currently developing the Android version, which will be available early 2012.
See this earlier blog posting for info about more apps (“Mobile Science,” May 30, 2011) including ACS Mobile and SciFinder Mobile.