As you may know, the American Geophysical Union (AGU) has partnered with Wiley to publish/host its journals, and the transition to the Wiley Online Library platform happened at the start of this new year. You may recall reading about it in Jane’s post: AGU Enters Publishing Partnership with Wiley. In addition, the Library recently acquired the AGU Digital Library Journal Archive, which contains the years 1896–1995 (previously, we were only leasing the content). Here are some tips to help you navigate the new interface:
- “The Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR) includes articles published between 1949 and 1977, with access to Terrestrial Magnetism (1896-1898) and Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity (1899-1948). In 1978, JGR split into disciplinary sections.” So you’ll need to know which section the article is published in after 1977.
- If you’re at the top level page of the journal, you can use the search box on the right to search within that journal (see red box in screenshot below).
- On the top right corner, you can access an RSS feed for that journal as well. (example)
- You can search across all AGU journals through the Earth and Space Index (EASI) Search.
- You can also look for articles by their index terms.
For more help, ask your librarian!