The Dartmouth community currently has trial access to an extensive geoscience ebooks collection produced by GeoScienceWorld, a non-profit publishing partnership that works with many geological associations and societies to host their online publications, much like BioOne or HighWire Press.
The ebooks project is a new venture, and more than 1050 titles are now available, from publishers including the Geological Society of America, the Geological Society of London, the Paleontological Society, SEPM the Society for Sedimentary Geology, the Mineralogical Society, and others (see full list of publishers here).
Browse, search, and explore the collection, and tell us what you think! (send comments directly to Jane Quigley at Kresge Library).
- Cross-search feature allows you to search across eBooks, 46 journals on the GSW platform, and (soon) GeoRef records.
- Recommendation and sharing tools to help users discover relevant content.
- Mobile compatible eBook reader.
- Downloadable, DRM-free PDF chapters.
- New titles and publishers added on an ongoing basis.
Trial access to the GeoScience World ebooks collection *ends* on December 12th, so take a few moments and browse through this great online collection.